Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hectic Life

Ok, Ok, I so meant to blog on a daily basis, but things get so hectic I can't seem to find the time. I need to make this my "first thing in the morning" regimen, or a "bedtime" blog. I originally had so many different things that I wanted to post about but it took me so long to get here that I can't remember any of them. This week Jailen is out on Mardi Gras break & has been at home with me since Wednesday of last week (he was out w/a fever too). I didn't take him to any parades, although I really really wanted to. I sometimes find myself disabling him more than he already is. I think he could handle it now, but I didn't go "just in case". I have to stop doing that. He should be pushed more than normal, but I can't seem to stop babying him. Like the other evening we went out to dinner. I ordered him a grilled cheese sandwich, cut it into fours & proceeded to feed it to him. I clearly stated that he wanted to do it all by himself, so I pushed the plate closer to him & let him go. He took the first square & tore it up into little pieces. He then started on the second square so I told him that he had to eat it, not just play with it. "I AM!!" he said. So I let him go. He tore the entire sandwich into little bite-size pieces, then ate it one little piece at a time. I had no idea he could even do that, or that he would do that. I was so proud of him I couldn't stop saying it the whole time he was eating. He ate the entire grilled cheese sandwich all by himself. My little baby is a big boy..and WANTS to be a big boy. Why can't I let him?

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean, it's so hard to let go and realize that they are older and more capable and can do things for themselves! Awareness is half the battle so you are halfway there! That's awesome that he WANTS to do things for himself and that he CAN! Way to go Jailen!

    ReplyDelete